Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Caramel Crispies



I've got a confession to make.

The first set of photos I took of these I deleted from my camera before they ever saw the computer. Oops.

So now that the tray is pretty much done I figured I'd better squeeze in a quick shot before I devoured the last piece, cause this recipe is too tasty not to share. These were originally sort of inspired to be Luna Bar knockoffs(inspired by this recipe), but they turned out to be much better and not like Luna Bars at all. I also topped half the tray in coconut butter(NOT oil!), but that was the half that got eaten first, so no photos for them. But just imagine it's there.



Caramel Crispie Squares

3 cups puffed millet
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cashew almond butter
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 scoop Vega chocolate protein powder
2/3 cup coconut butter(not oil), optional

On the stove over medium heat mix together nut butter, agave, salt, and vanilla extract til melted. Pour over millet in a large bowl, and add protein powder. Mix well, then press firmly into a baking pan.

In the same pot you mixed the nut butter in, melt the coconut butter til smooth. Pour over the pan and spread to cover.

Freeze until firm enough to cut into squares.

I liked storing these in the freezer because of the chewy texture it gave them, but the fridge would probably work too!


No comments:

Post a Comment