Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First Day of School!

Yesterday was my first day of school at IIN, and it still feels a bit surreal. If you had told me a year ago that I'd be going back to school, I probably would have laughed at you. Yet here I am, and so far so good. There was a couple videos to watch on my iPad, and we were told to set our intentions for the year. We were also give an assignment to write down what we saw as our goals for the next year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. I usually think about goals in my head, but this is the first time I've really put them down on paper. Just last year I made a huge life change(quitting my job to pursue photography and moving to Toronto), and here I am again leaping headfirst into something unknown. It kind of feels like it clicks though, one of those 'aha!' moments where you realize what you're supposed to be doing and it feels incredibly right.

Ever since my friend Steph brought me to a screening of Food Inc of June 2008, my life changed. Sitting in that chair in the theater, I learned things I had never known, never even considered. Even at the times I knew it was a life changing moment. I could never go back to just eating the way I did before, it became such a shift in consciousness. I became a vegan August of that year, and I never thought it would lead me down the path it has!

Yet again, I have no clue how the future is going to pan out. It kind of feels like last year all over again! Just diving headfirst into something I love, it's a feeling I don't think I'll ever get tired of. I'm excited to be able to help make a difference in peoples lives, and in the world in general.  It's a time when the world needs it. So many people are needlessly sick and tired, and the government is utterly useless at providing the proper information that gives facts, not some weird ambiguous nod at the truth while it's funded by the very industries that hurt us the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment