Friday, July 13, 2012

Mango Sangria


Summer always makes me want sangria. There's not really a lot better than sitting somewhere hot with a nice glass of wine and other goodies. Typically sangria's made with pop and other things that'd I'd rather not drink, so I changed the recipe a bit and came up with this. It's also usually made with red or rosé, but I decided to try white. Sangria's also best when left to chill in the fridge a bit, and bonus points if you have the forethought to think to freeze juice into ice cubes so it doesn't get watered down. I used strawberries and mangos in mine, but any kind of berry or fruit would be good, really.

Orange juice is typically what you would use, but I decided to blend mango with some water and use that instead.

Mango Sangria

1 bottle white wine
1 mango
1 packet stevia
1/2 cup water
2 cups sparkling water
1 lemon, sliced
2 cups strawberries

Blend the mango and stevia with water until smooth. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a pitcher and let chill in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment