Monday, March 12, 2012

Quanta Basa, Salad Dressing, and David Rocco

Something I like to do in my spare time is go to Chapters and read all the cookbooks without buying them. I love cookbooks, and looking at the ones with beautiful photography, but the truth is most of the time I buy them without actually cooking anything from them, and instead get my recipes from the internet. Anyways, that's beside the point. I was flipping through one of David Rocco's cookbooks, and he mentions a phrase 'Quanta basa', which apparently means you just add as much of whatever you think appropriate to your recipe. Which is either lovely or the laziest way to write a cookbook(I'm kidding!). Anyways, this philosophy applies really well to a salad dressing I made today. I didn't have white wine vinegar, so instead I just dumped in some white wine. It was way better! It went something like this: (although you can use your judgement and add more of whatever you feel appropriate).



1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup white wine
1/3 cup water
1/8 cup EVOO
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp salt/pepper(or to taste)
1 tblspn Nutritional Yeast

Blend until smooth.

Intake for today:

Breakfast: 1 Cup Kashi GoLEAN, 1 cup fruit, 1/2 cup cashew milk

Lunch: Green Salad with Millet, Tofu, and Kale

Snack: 1 Scoop Protein Powder with Water, a banana

Dinner: Green Salad with Millet, Tofu and Kale, 1 square dark chocolate

Snack: 1 cup strawberries

I've been obsessed with millet lately. So tasty and so cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment