Thursday, March 24, 2011

Double Sesame Hummus

The last week I had was kind of a bummer, I got into a car accident, my car is now a write off, I had some issues with work and it felt a bit like stress was coming in from all around. Every cloud has a silver lining though, and a shoot that I did a month ago got published in the West Ender(a local Vancouver paper)! Every time I see a box on a street corner I'm tempted to yell at everyone in the vicinity 'I TOOK THAT PHOTO'! But I don't, cause I'd rather not frighten them.

Anyways, with all that going on I really haven't been eating/making anything exciting, I've been pretty much just eating Hummus, dippable veggies, smoothies and crackers all week. Hummus is like crack for me, I could eat it all day every day. I made up a sort of asian inspired version with Toasted Sesame Oil, my new favorite ingredient. (Yeah yeah, it's not raw but at 1 tablespoon in the whole recipe I think I can sneak by the Raw Police. Un-toasted just isn't the same). Sort of the equivalent of fast/lazy food for me.





Hummus:
2 small or 1 large zucchini(peeled if you don't want it green)
Juice from 1 lemon
1/4-1/2 cup tahini
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon EVOO
1-2 cloves garlic


Mix all in a blender until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment