Thursday, March 24, 2011

Zucchini and Nut Crackers

Raw crackers are something I always find nice to have on hand, they're usually quick to throw together, you can make them in large batches and they last a very very long time. Proof: I made a batch of Flax Crackers near the beginning of my going raw(about a year ago), I discovered them lurking in the back of my cupboard about a month ago and tried one, and they tasted fine. A little crisper than previously, but definitely still edible!



1/2 cup ground flax
3/4 cup water
1 medium zucchini, chopped
2 cups nuts (I used a mix of almonds, cashews, and sunflower seeds)
handful of fresh mint
2 tsps salt
hemp/poppy/sesame seeds for sprinkling

Combine water and flax until all the water is absorbed

In a food processor, process zucchini until it's in small pieces and add to flax.

Chop nuts in food processor until finely ground, add to the bowl and stir in mint.

Spread on Teflex sheets and sprinkle with seeds, score into desired shapes.

Dehydrate for about 6 hours at 115, remove teflex sheets and flip, then dehydrate til completely dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment