Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Morning

Today was cardio day, so I did some HIIT on the elliptical.  I love how at 8 in the morning on Saturday I have the gym totally to myself! Probably cause most people aren't nuts and don't get excited about their early morning workout the night before. Good, cause I don't like sharing. I did sprints of 8 seconds followed by 12 seconds of recovery for 20 minutes. I have no clue if you're supposed to sprint on an elliptical, but I did. At level 12 cause who needs to walk comfortably tomorrow? I followed that with 30 second intervals of Burpees, Plank Jacks, Squat Jumps(my nemesis), and Tone It Up Surf Squats, with 15 minutes rest between each move for 20 minutes. For some reason my left forearm hurts. As well as my jello legs, which don't so much hurt as they feel like mush. It's a feeling I'm starting to get used to.



Yesterday my friend Travis and I went to check out the documentary About Face, which featured past super models weighing in on their careers and what they thought beauty meant. It was fascinating to hear all their opinions on how they never really felt beautiful most of the time, and their thoughts on plastic surgery, and ultimately their acceptance of themselves. This is something I wish more importance was placed upon, because if the most beautiful girls in the world don't feel beautiful until they learned to accept themselves, who will? Learning to be at peace with yourself is a much harder, but ultimately rewarding journey. Or like Audrey Hepburn once said, 'Happiest girls are the prettiest girls'. There is really nothing more beautiful than confidence.



Travis and I also stopped by my favorite restaurant, Fresh. It's a fantastic vegan/vegetarian place, and my favorite thing to get is the Holiday wrap minus the wrap, so it's basically a huge salad. That, paired with a Detoxifier juice and I was happy as a clam. Sorry for the lack of photos, I pretty much hoovered it down! Every time I'm in there I steal a take out container of hot sauce, it's made in house and is pretty much crack to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment