Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer is here!

This morning I managed to sleep til 8, then hit the gym to do the Endurance Training workout from Nike Fit Club(a full body strength training workout), then did some HIIT on the treadmill of 1 minute sprints and 3 minutes rest. I've been using the Seconds Plus app, and it's a dream. I finally sprung for the paid version, and it's definitely a plus being able to save my timers. When you make circuit timers it ever reads out loud what your next move is, and counts down when you have 5/10 seconds left. It's great since I don't have to keep peeking over at it!


Today was  a gorgeous 33 degrees and sunny, and I had a location to check out for an upcoming shoot. We were looking for an old abandoned building to shoot in, and I found one online so Travis and I went to check it out(I was a little creeped out to go alone). After getting on the wrong bus, and then taking a few wrong turns, we managed to find it with the help of a nice lady we kept bumping into while wandering around lost. Sometimes the universe just provides right when you need it! Google maps never hurt either. We managed to find a really beautiful meadow/creek with some gorgeous trees, a little urban oasis! Getting lost is the best thing sometimes.







There's something about abandoned places I just love. You can almost feel the events that have happened there(in this case lots of parties, I imagine). There's such a beauty about decay. This is the second time I've gotten into an abandoned building. I wouldn't really call it breaking in, since the door was wide open. It's strangely peaceful inside.

With that mission completed successfully, we headed back to downtown, and I discovered a cute little grocery store selling organic produce for super cheap. I stocked up on blueberries and grapes, and some coconut water and a Luna Bar. I've never tried Luna Bars before, but I wasn't too excited on this one. It was a little too sweet for my liking!


Since it's been so hot out lately all I wanted to eat was a smoothie, so into the blender went ice, some vegan ice cream I made the other day, lime juice, blueberries, blackberries, half a banana, a ton of kale, spirulina, and some vanilla protein powder. I poured it into a bowl and topped it with some grapes, buckwheat, gojis, and cinnamon. Yum city! Hot weather makes me crave mostly raw food and lots of fruit, without fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment