Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Where does George Washington keep his armies?

In his sleevies! Sorry, bad pun. Anyways, yesterday was arm day so I did this:

Tricep Dips x 15
Alternating Hammer Curls x12
Tricep Dips x 15
Alternating Floor Press x 12
Dumbell Bench Press x 15
Tricep Rows x 15
Deadlifts w Dumbells x15
Bent Over Row x 15
Dumbell Curl x15

x3

and then 20 minutes on random on the elliptical.

I purchased Eat to Live by by Joel Fuhrman recently, cause I can never get enough of books on nutrition. I took it to David's Tea and read and chugged a Swampwater iced tea(which was way tastier than the name or color implied).  I also made a quick trip to Whole Foods for dinner(I was in the 'hood, how could I not?). I made a giant salad consisting of greens, edamame, quinoa, sweet potatoes, tofu cubes and carrots. I've never really been huge on fruit in my salad, but I remembered seeing some sort of quinoa salad on Gena's blog involving grapes, so I figured I'd give it a go. Normally I'm not a huge fan of sweet and salty things, but this tasted pretty good! I frequently get into food ruts and eat the same thing for weeks on end, so it's good to switch things up sometimes.



After I met up with Dani to watch Dark Shadows, it was way better than I expected. The sets/lighting/costumes were stunning, obviously(I adore Tim Burton). I was expecting it to be a little campy, which I wouldn't have minded but it was much better! There are never enough good words to say about Johnny Depp. I can't begin to count the number of movies those two have done together. No complaints though, I love them all.




No comments:

Post a Comment