Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Creamy Basil Kelp Noodles


I've been searching both far and wide, high and low for kelp noodles in Vancouver, and I finally found them today. The hunt was completely worth it, I'm happy to say. (For the record I found them at Organic Lives)They taste a bit like rice/vermicelli noodles, and not the least little bit fishy. They smell a bit interesting in the bag, but a rinse gets rid of that pretty quickly. Picked up some other goodies from Organic Lives like cacao butter, I want to experiment with attempting to make some chocolate truffles. Cacao butter was also surprisingly elusive, I didn't think it was that uncommon an ingredient but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet. Perhaps I just don't know where to look.

I also went to this neat little homewares store I discovered on 4th Ave called Paboom, and bought 1 of every dish I thought was pretty. As well as a couple different place mats just for some variety. I get excited over the strangest things. This morning I rose at the ungodly hour of 6am today for a photoshoot, and when I got home all I wanted to do was make delicious things. Cooking(or un-cooking) is turning into meditation for me, it's kind of relaxing. I had to fight my mom to make dinner for her and my dad, I think she was pleased. I kindly left half the dishes for my dad to clean up though.


The kelp noodles ended up in a salad as well.

Creamy Basil Kelp Noodles

1/3 of a package of kelp noodles, rinsed
1/4 cup pesto
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4-1/2 cup water
juice from a lemon
salt
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
Combine everything but the noodles in a blender, then mix with noodles. Add whatever veggies you like, I used cherry tomatoes and hemp seeds.


Experimented with some Butternut Squash Soup, with somewhat southwestern seasonings, corn, and a dollop of lemon cream. I think it might taste better tomorrow when it's had a chance to sit.


I bought a truckload of avocados when I was at Granville Island yesterday, so they got made into chocolate pudding. With Vanilla Cream on top.




(we ran out of spoons)



Summer Squash Pasta with Truffled Cream Sauce from Raw Food Real World.

No comments:

Post a Comment